- Provide Independent, objective and technically sound information
- Advise and provide expertise to decision makers
- Address Environment and Safety Considerations
- Organize the Rail industry to meet and participate in the current and future opportunities.
- Be a source for Information on opportunities and solutions to challenges.
- Business matching service between members and market place
- Participate in Technical audits; standard preparation and reviews.
- Help to address the challenges and opportunities facing Project winners and the Runners up in the country.
- Grow the exports and exporter base.
- Help Address BBBEE understanding and implementation 8. Facilitate localization
Technical Centre of Excellence
- Provide technical information and representation on rail subjects.
- Assist in formulation of technical standards.
- Partnership with academic institutions and other associations
Youth Programs, Skills and Training
- Assist and facilitate with youth programs, skills and training.
- Facilitate re-sourcing.
- Grow Export Volumes and value
- Diversify export products
- Diversify export market
- Diversify export Base
- Become more representative of exports in Rail
- Grow the membership base to include emerging exporters (SMME and BBBEE)
- Align the Association and its members with the Government Priorities.